Infinity is a very terrain intensive game, probably using three to five times the amount of terrain that 40k does. So far, I have built most of the terrain we use during Infinity tournaments myself and we can cover about three or four tables. There's only so much terrain I have the time to make, so I thought we'd have a contest to see who could make terrain for Infinity games at the store. The great thing about Infinity terrain is that it can also be used for 40k, so this contest could also help build up our collection of 40k terrain. Sadly, a lot of 40k terrain is too gothic/grim dark/skull and symbol ridden to really match the style of Infinity. So we really need more Infinity specific terrain for running Infinity events at the store.
Here are the rules:
1) Infinity is a game set in a sleek, cyberpunk future. Terrain designs should reflect this.
2) All submissions are due by August 31st, 2012. They can be given to me or left behind the counter for me.
3) All submissions will become part of the store's terrain collection. You are essentially donating a piece of terrain to the store by entering the contest.
4) All submissions must be at least roughly 4"x4" and 1" high. They could have a different "footprint" on the table as long as they cover 16 square inches of table space and remain at least 1" high. Also keep in mind that we use a lot of "parked" vehicles as terrain in Infinity, so a painted vehicle that has the right look and is big enough, could be submitted as an entry. Check this post for what Infinity vehicles should look like:viewtopic.php?f=151&t=35603
5) All submissions must be fully painted to a reasonable table standard. Not too picky about this, but it shouldn't be just primed or completely unpainted. Obviously the more details you paint onto your submission, the greater the chance of it being selected as the winner.
6) All submissions should have your name and some kind of contact info (either an email, a cell#, board username, etc.) attached to the model with a piece of tape, a sticky note, etc. Attaching this to the bottom of the terrain piece is recommended.
Photos of the terrain will be posted on the forums and we will determine the winner by online poll.
Anyone submitting a piece of terrain gets to play in one Infinity event at Brothers Grim for free. You will receive a ticket after you submit your piece of terrain. Don't lose this ticket. We will be having an Infinity event centered around the new terrain some time after the contest deadline.
The winner will receive a free Infinity boxed set of their choice.
Two runners up will receive a free Infinity mini.